Mission Possible is a Christian missions and humanitarian help organization targeting Eastern Europe.
In existence since 1974, Mission Possible operates through five sister organizations in the West (in the United States, Finland, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands), and 10 local organizations in Eastern Europe (Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Albania).
To equip the local Christians and Churches in Eastern Europe for works of service (Eph. 4:12) in order for them to more effectively reach suffering and searching people. Bringing them the Gospel message, Biblical teaching and physical and social help.
- To be an organization that functions strategically and runs the right projects at the right time.
- To see suffering children, youth and families receive life-changing physical and social help and become Christians through our ministry.
- To see our ministry in target countries become self-supporting and spread to new territories.
- To see people find their calling in God’s service through our ministry both in the West and in the target countries.
- To see the local church grow in number and in knowledge through Mission Possible’s ministry.
- Building up local ownership, and local vision: We aim at initiating and developing indigenous activities in strategic areas of need by setting up local structures, not branches of a Western organization.
- Using local workers only: Over 100 indigeneous workers (Christians recommended by their churches), hundreds of local voluntary helpers. We use Western workers or visitors when special expertize is needed for a short period of time.
- Integrity and responsibility in using funds: finding the most cost-effective ways to operate.
- Long-term goalsetting
- Not to live from hand to mouth but to keep the financial base stable. Not to begin new projects before financing is provided
- Keeping a light and mobile organization structure: Only 3 full-time and 3 part-time workers all together in the Western organizations, operating mainly out of home offices.
- Wide range of cooperation: Mission Possible cooperates with individuals and churches with different Evangelical backgrounds, as well as different foundations, companies and organizations sharing the concern of helping needy and suffering children and youth.